Personally, I do not think that the Sterek Fandom needs to apologize whatsoever. I do not feel that we have done anything wrong, and i’ll explain...
it dont even feel like february it dont even feel like any month we just floatin thru time
“I think Sterek is a bizarre, weird, twisted thing and I think anyone who pays more attention to Sterek than the show isn’t watching the show for...
Thanks, I’m glad you liked the first part! The truth is, when I couldn’t finish this story before 3A, I got a little depressed and kind of avoided thinking about it for awhile. Then some other fandom projects took my attention away from it. A few months ago, though, I read through the beginning and thought, “Why didn’t I ever finish this?” Then I opened Scrivener and realized I had another chapter more or less finished. Unfortunately, the last few months have been really stressful, so I haven’t even had time to get my beta to look over it for me.
Long story short, I definitely am planning to finish it. Now that things seem to be settling down for me, I might even have some writing time soon! *crosses fingers*
I have been a mental health professional for most of my adult life and this episode was irresponsible, disgusting, vile and just plain repulsive. If you have any triggers surrounding mental health TREAD CAREFULLY. I REGRET WATCHING IT. It made me physically ill just on the grounds of the awful representation of mental health facilities and that doesn’t include the random unprotected sex scene. This - THIS RIGHT HERE is why so many young people refuse to seek help when they need it because of MISREPRESENTATION AND GROSS STEREOTYPES. Well done, Teen Wolf. Way to forward unhealthy stigmas regarding mental health treatment and facilities.
i really don’t wanna be “that guy” but like
malia was 8 years old? when she turned into a coyote 24/7? and the only bit of humanity she held onto was her sister’s toys and otherwise she was a full on coyote, living in the woods, doing coyote things
and then she became a human again and suddenly she’s like a coherent, intelligent person
i don’t know maybe i’m missing something but this is just
beyond my comprehension
So I really want Teen Wolf to continue into the College Years and for Stiles to hit his slutty phase hard as soon as freshman orientation rolls around.
It becomes a season-long running gag, every time there’s a scene in Stiles’ dorm, there’s a random co-ed (guys, girls, difficult to discern, sometimes both) sleeping in his bed or getting dressed but very clearly being Stiles’ latest hookup, and it is never ever the same person. Like:
- Closeup of Stiles’s face on the phone with Lydia, “Aw man, there’s a supernatural emergency that we have to take care of right now?" then a wide shot and Stiles lifts the covers and says to the guy/girl giving him a blowjay "Hey, I gotta go do this thing, can we finish this another time?" and the person comes out from under the covers and cuddles against Stiles’ shoulder and is like, "Seriously? We’re right in the middle! Can’t it wait 10 minutes?" and Stiles is like "Sorry" *smooch* "No rest for the wicked. But seriously, raincheck?" and he hops out of bed and shimmies into his clothes while his hookup pouts on his bed.
- Scott knocks on Stiles’ door, and Stiles answers all sleep-rumpled, “Scott? What time is it?” *yawn* with the door kinda resting against his shoulder. Then a girl comes out and is like “Bye, Stiles!” and kisses him easily before starting down the hall, and Scott makes a face like “Nice, bro!” and then the door opens again and a dude comes out and says “Bye, Stiles!” and kisses him the same as the girl, then hurries down the hallway to catch up with her, linking their hands together as they walk, and Scott’s face goes to, “Seriously? I’m super impressed right now!” and Stiles looks after them with a fond sort of nonchalance and says, “They’re a cute couple. I’m really rooting for those two crazy kids.”
- Isaac bursts into Stiles’ room shouting his name, and Stiles is still asleep. The Polish girl in his bed sits up and rubs her eyes tiredly, clutching the sheet to her chest. “What is Stiles?” She asks, confused, “His name is (Stiles’ birth name)” “Your Polish is starting to be pretty good,” She tells Stiles as he gets dressed, Isaac still there to hurry him along, “But still needs work. Call me to practice more.” Then she lies back in the bed and goes back to sleep while Stiles rushes out with Isaac. (“She’s the TA for my Polish language class” Stiles tells Isaac as they get in the jeep, “She took a, um, special interest when she learned I was taking it to get in touch with my heritage.” “Some special interest” Isaac replies)
- There’s a knock before Stiles’ dorm room opens while he’s skyping with his dad. “Hey, we still on for tonight?” asks the pretty sophomore from his intro to psych seminar. “You know it!” Stiles says, and winks. “I’m gonna finish talking to my dad, but I’ll meet you out front in like 10.” The boy’s blushing as he closes the door behind him. “Someone special?” The Sheriff asks. “Nah.” Stiles shrugs, “Just a friend from class.” “Mmmhmm.” the Sheriff says suspiciously. “It’s—whatever. You know if there was someone special I’d tell you, right?” which makes his dad sigh and say, “Just— Be safe, and be kind. Alright, Kiddo?” And Stiles nods, “Of course! There’s no misleading or sore feelings or whatever. And you know my motto’s always been No Glove No Love.” and the Sheriff hushes him and says, “I’m gonna let you go before you say something that both of us wish you hadn’t” (later that night, Stiles earns that boy’s blush. Does things that continue to make that boy blush every time Stiles glances his way in Psych for the rest of the semester)
- Then, toward the end of the season, Allison knocks on Stiles’ door, and rather than the new-found laid back, unembarrassed about casual sex version of Stiles the gang has all sort of gotten used to during freshman year, she gets a twitchy, shifty looking Stiles who’s all “Woah! Hey! Allison! What are you doing here? Not that you shouldn’t be here, or anything, but you’re not usually here and — hey, what’s up? What’s going on?” And Allison’s like, “Stiles, it’s fine if you have someone in there. It’s not going to shock us at this point.” And Stiles is like, “In here? In my bedroom? I- What- Why would someone be in here?” and starts deliberately blocking the door opening with his body as Allison attempts to glance past him into the room. “Stiles, what is it?” comes a muffled but oddly familiar voice from the bed, and when Stiles turns at the voice, Allison’s able to catch a glimpse of dark hair, messy from sleep, and a broad, muscular back. In the middle of which is a very familiar triskele tattoo. And that’s how Stiles’ slutty phase ended and his Sterek phase began.
- (spoiler alert: his Sterek phase never ended.)
- (Stiles is totally still friends (or at least friendly) with, like, 90% of his hookups. The other 10% he just kinda fell out of touch with. Derek swears it has nothing to do with the way he
totally does notglare at them when they come near Stiles.)